COVID-19 Updates From Norfolk Hardware
Update 6/3/2021: Norfolk values your health & safety. We will be following all current CDC guidelines as we navigate the beginning of post-pandemic life. For more specific information about what we are currently doing to promote good health while shopping in our store, please contact the store directly. Thank you!
Update 5/15/2020: We have implemented new standard operating procedures for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. We now have curbside pickup.
Update 5/4/2020: Starting Wednesday (5/6), we will require all customers to wear face coverings inside of the store, in compliance with Governor Baker’s recent order. Masks will be available for purchase just inside the store entrance, should you need one. Thank you for your cooperation.
Update 4/28/2020: Our hardware store remains open as an essential business, during our normal business hours. For our customers, employees and the community, we have enabled strict safety policies at the store: 6′ of separation, wearing of face masks, and daily cleaning and disinfecting all frequently used surfaces. We continue to monitor employees for sickness. We have been in touch with our suppliers, and are maintaining inventory of cleaning supplies and paper products, for your convenience. We will also arrange to make drive up service available, by calling the manager on duty – 617-296-2100.
Update 3/30/2020: In accordance with Massachusetts law, we have adopted a NO TOLERANCE sick policy in regards to our employees and our customers. Please contact us for more information.
Update 3/27/2020: As an essential business in the construction & home improvement industry, our hardware store remains open. Please check back periodically for any updates.
3/19/2020: Norfolk Hardware & Home Center would like to take a moment to address all of our customers, business partners and contacts as to the actions that are being taken to protect our employees, as well as our customers, at our hardware store & home center.
- Our Employees: We are continually communicating with our employees about this health alert and taking every precaution to prevent the spread of this virus. Every step is being taken to keep our employees safe, as well as making sure that they have the time off that they need should they become ill. We have taken steps to share what we know about the virus and the hygiene that is recommended to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Our Customers: In an effort to protect our valued customers, our store is being cleaned and disinfected more than our normal standards. We will be sanitizing frequently used surfaces daily and encouraging any ill employees to stay at home. Norfolk Hardware will remain open for our regular hours at this time and will continue to serve you with the highest level of service that you are accustomed to.
The health of our customers and employees is paramount. We ask that if you or a member of your household are ill, or are showing any signs of the below symptoms, you do not attempt to come into our store and risk infecting our employees.
- Heavy cough
- Fever of 100.7° or greater
- Respiratory distress/difficulty breathing
- Other flu-like symptoms
If you are sick, please call Store Management at (617) 296-2100 and they will assist you with arranging either a curbside pick up or local delivery of your order.
- Products & Supplies: We are working tirelessly to ensure that we do not have any issues with stock items, especially cleaning and sanitation supplies. If we are out of an item, rest assured that every effort is being made to get that item back in stock as soon as possible. We appreciate your understanding.
- Questions? If you have any questions about how we are handling COVID-19 or any questions about your orders, please contact us at [email protected] or call store management directly at (617) 296-2100. Thank you for your trust and understanding. Please know that we are doing everything we can to help prevent the spread of this virus. We will all get through this together.