Understanding Different Types of Paint Finish
Painting the interior of your home can seem like a big job! Not only do you want to pick the perfect color, you also want to select the perfect paint finish for your space. The first step in selecting the right paint for your project is understanding the difference between the many different finish options, and which finishes are more suitable for the space you wish to paint.
- No shine, but can be hard to clean
- Great for hiding wall imperfections
- Best used in bedrooms
High Gloss Finish
- Durable, glass-like finish
- Shows all wall imperfections
- Great for furniture, molding or cabinetry painting
- High luster with a velvet-like finish
- Shows brush strokes
- Great for family rooms, hallways, kids’ bedrooms
- Higher shine, very sleek finish
- Provides protection against moisture
- Great finish option for kitchens and bathrooms
- Velvety finish with a little shine
- More durable than flat/matte paint
- Perfect for dining rooms
Still not sure which paint finish you should use for your project? Stop by Norfolk Hardware & Home Center today to speak with a member of our Paint Department! Our paint experts have many years of experience and are guaranteed to help you find the right choice. Or you can contact us and speak with a paint professional over the phone!
Ready to start painting? Learn how to paint an interior wall like a professional.